The singular pinnacle of the modron race, Primus, the One and the Prime, draws power from a variety of sources. Its highly magical body, a seamless merger of flesh and gears, grants Primus numerous powers both physical and metaphysical in origin. Furthermore, while within the confines of Mechanus, Primus is, for all intents and purposes, an immortal being.
Modron Physique: the top of the modron heap, Primus is the single most advanced representative of its kind that exists. The ultimate combination of mechanism and organism, Primus is a seamless merger of these two disparate origins of life. Furthermore, its body is highly charged with magical power, a trinity of powerful traits that blend together to provide Primus these super-human capabilities:
* Agelessness: all modrons, regardless of rank or station, are ageless in nature. Instead of having the longevity power, which implies an eventual lifespan, modrons simply do not age whatsoever. In fact, if not slain by accident or design, a modron may effectively live on forever, adopting new and more versatile forms as it ascends the ladder of law.
* Body Armor: both organic and inorganic in nature, all modrons have some manner of resistance to physical attacks. Thanks to its perfect ratio of organic to inorganic matter, Primus benefits from Typical (6) protection from physical attacks, and Feeble (2) protection from assaults of an energy-based nature. Not that Primus need ever engage in mere melee combat to depend on such defense.
* Clairsentience: all the modron high-ups have unbelievably acute sensory apparatus, allowing them to perceive just about anything within the plane of existence they currently occupy. Distance isn't a factor, really, but simply knowing where they need to look / listen / taste / touch / smell is. This power functions for Primus at its current Intuition rank (Unearthly (100) or Shift Z (500)).
* Damage Reduction / Cold, Corrosion, and Fire Attacks: the modron physique is highly resistant, albeit not totally immune to, the effects of extreme cold, heat, and corrosives - this despite their partially metallic nature. As a result, Primus possesses 2 CS of damage reduction against such attack forms, allowing it to maneuver in most hostile environs with relative ease - should it ever leave its tower.
* Dimensional Transit: an offshoot of the hierarch modron's ability to teleport, this supernatural power allows Primus to transport itself to another plane of existence altogether. However, this power only works at Remarkable (30) rank, and has the risk of materializing Primus in solid matter unless it intimately knows the area it is traveling to. Which is where its Infinity Web comes in especially handy.
* Force Field: hierarch modrons have the ability to form a specialized force field in their immediate vicinity, in either a hemispherical or spherical form. Either way, this powerful force field acts as an Excellent (20) ranked barrier against incoming damage - even magical attacks! However, a determined opponent can teleport through it with ease. This field offers Primus the following protection:
Gd 10 / Ex 20 / Ex 20 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Invulnerability to Emotion Control, Illusion, Mind Control, Paralysis / Sleep, and Vampirism: Primus, the most perfect of modrons, is completely immune to these attack forms. As a being of ultimate order, it is able to shrug off such effects with ease - though Primus can readily perceive when such assaults are used (albeit unsuccessfully) against it.
* Mesmerism: though limited in scope, hierarch modrons can use this mental power to great effect when confronted with non-modrons of any kind. Working at Remarkable (30) rank, this power allows Primus to force others that fail a Psyche FEAT roll versus this rank to obey any one word, non-suicidal command, regardless of the victim's wishes. This ability aids Primus in dealing with pesky adventurers who irk its ire.
* Resistance to Magic: modron hierarchs are resistant to magical powers, whether damaging or otherwise, though each brand of hierarch has a different level of immunity to such power. Primus, the greatest of modrons, possesses Unearthly (100) resistance to anomalous energies. Virtually immune to mortal sorcery, Primus must be dealt with by conventional means in battle, for the most part.
* Telepathy: all modron hierarchs can telepathically contact modrons they may normally converse with at all times. Primus, for example, wields this psionic ability with Unearthly (100) skill. On the other hand, it can only wield this power to contact its four subordinates, the secundus, for they are the only modrons who can actually understand anything Primus has to say.
* Teleportation: hierarch modrons have the innate ability to teleport at will, with significant range. Operating at Unearthly (100) rank, this handy power allows them a vast range of movement, and while on Mechanus, Primus can teleport anywhere within the plane instantaneously. This allows it to monitor its charges, and any ongoing outbreaks of chaos, however slight, that Primus feels the need to correct.
Growth: unlike other modrons, Primus can alter its volume as it sees fit. It may appear to be the height of a normal human, or it can swell to five times that size. Possessing this power at Good (15) rank, Primus can grow as tall as thirty feet high, which grants it a +2 size factor - and all the benefits and penalties that come with such a grand stature.
Immortality: Primus is likely the single most powerful proponent of order in the multiverse, and while it presides over the modron race on Mechanus, it is considered an immortal being; it can be slain, but only by other immortals or under similar, nigh-impossible conditions. Off Mechanus, it can be slain normally. However, doing so would still be very, very difficult.
Schooling: Grandmaster - Philosophical Magic / Order (Mechanus)
Primus is the lord of the modrons, and arguably all of Mechanus, and as such, has truly staggering magical powers at its disposal. While in Mechanus, it has the ability to cast any spell of order at Shift Y (200) ability, though off-plane, this power is reduced to Unearthly (100) in rank. Though not quite as potent outside of Mechanus, Primus is still an incredibly dangerous being.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Infinity Web: this techno-organic mesh of sensors and tendons is accessible by Primus within its great tower, from where it can use the device to sense everything that is happening to any of its modrons, at any time - no matter where in the omniverse they happen to be. While it is connected to the Infinity Web, Primus' Intuition score is raised by +3 CS, to Shift Z (500) rank.
Fighting Logistics: like all of its modron charges, Primus wields a naturally organized mind. It can apply its inherent analytical tendencies to combat applications, sizing up a foe rather quickly. This allows Primus to add a +1 CS to all Fighting FEAT rolls made against a foe after 1d10 rounds (not turns), a bonus that lasts until said opponent radically changes his, her, or its fighting style.
All: while the other hierarch modrons may have many more skills than are presented in their individual entries, the extent of their specific knowledge is unknown. Primus, on the other hand, knows virtually everything, and as such, should be considered knowledgeable in any matter quantifiable by skills in the Universal Heroes system. Yep, every skill.
It may have the inability to act on some of this knowledge (for instance, there are no known time machines on Mechanus, nor truly advanced technology to speak of), but it likely still has it. This is because, thanks to the Infinity Web that lies within its tower, Primus can sense anything any of its modrons experience, at any time - it picks up on things rather quick thanks to this.
Absolutely intelligent and powerful beyond mortal ken, Primus must come across as a terrifyingly logical deity to those mortals lucky enough, or foolish enough, to intrude upon its presence. Its ultimate goals for the modrons, Mechanus, and the multiverse are unknown and unknowable, but it pursues them with absolute clarity of vision.
Primus may manifest to mortals in many ways. It will usually appear as an androgynous human of normal size when dealing with others besides its secundi. However, it can also manifest as a gigantic humanoid (around thirty feet tall), emerging from the vast pool of modron energy within its tower, its arms swathed in powerful energies. The left is covered in shadow, and the right in bright rainbow hues.
It may have additional means to manifest to others, but these have yet to be revealed.
Primus is it, the be-all and end-all of modron existence. It and it alone decides just what is order on Mechanus (and possibly beyond), and directs the modrons to do its bidding to shape reality as it feels it must - whatever that ultimate vision of order may be. It is unchallenged in its role as the final arbiter of order in the multiverse.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.