As are all other modrons, the twenty five quintons are extradimensional clockwork beings, hailing from the highly orderly plane of Mechanus. Their fantastic alien physiology is a bizarre blend of flesh and gears, and this, combined with their inherently magical nature, is the source of the quintons' many and various ascendant powers.
Modron Physique: the children of Mechanus, the infinite masses of modrons are a potent blend of organism and mechanism. Modrons seamlessly combine the two diametric designs into a seamless whole, a feat which is made possible by their highly orderly, magically charged bodies. Quintons are no exception to this rule, and have access to these powerful abilities as a result:
* Agelessness (s): all modrons, regardless of rank or station, are ageless in nature. Instead of having the longevity power, which implies an eventual lifespan, modrons simply do not age whatsoever. In fact, if not slain by accident or design, a modron may effectively live on forever, adopting new and more versatile forms as it ascends the ladder of law.
* Body Armor (s): both organic and inorganic in nature, all modrons have some manner of resistance to physical attacks. Essentially, a quinton should be treated as having intensity 4 (+1) protection from attacks of a conventional sort. Though academic in purpose, the quintons are more than able to stand up to almost anyone in melee.
* Clairsentience (w): the modron high-ups have unbelievably acute sensory apparatus, allowing them to perceive anything within the plane they currently occupy. Distance isn't a factor, but simply knowing where to look / listen / taste / touch / smell is. This power functions for quintons at intensity 10, allowing them an unheard of awareness of their surroundings.
* Dimensional Transit (i): an offshoot of the hierarch modron's ability to teleport, this supernatural power allows a quinton to transport itself to another plane of existence altogether. However, this power only works at intensity 10, and has the risk of materializing the quinton in solid matter unless it intimately knows the area it is traveling to. Thus, this power is normally used sparingly.
* Force Field (i): hierarch modrons have the ability to form a specialized force field in their immediate vicinity, in either a hemispherical or spherical form. Either way, this force field acts as an intensity 10 barrier against any incoming damage - even magical attacks! However, a determined opponent can teleport through it with ease, but then, that's what a quinton's other powers are for.
* Invulnerability to Emotion Control, Illusion, Mind Control, Paralysis / Sleep, and Vampirism (s): all modrons, especially the twenty five quintons, are completely immune to these attack forms. As beings of ultimate order, they are able to shrug off such effects with ease - though they can readily perceive when such assaults are used (albeit unsuccessfully) against them.
* Mesmerism (w): though limited in scope, hierarch modrons can use this to great effect when confronted with non-modrons. Working at intensity 10, this power allows a quinton to attempt an easy difficulty Mesmerism action (opposed by the target's Willpower score). If successful, this action lets a quinton force its opponent to execute (or at least attempt) a one word command.
* Resistance to Acid, Cold, and Fire attacks (s): the modron physique is highly resistant, albeit not totally immune to, the effects of extreme cold, heat, and corrosives - this despite their partially metallic nature. They possess intensity 4 (+1) damage reduction against such attack forms, allowing them to maneuver in most hostile environs with relative ease - which comes in handy during the Modron March.
* Resistance to Magic (s): modron hierarchs are resistant to magical powers, whether damaging or otherwise, though each brand of hierarch has a different level of immunity to such power. The quinton, for instance, has intensity 18 (+4) resistance to sorcery. This serves to give them considerable protection from attacks by adventurers or other meddlers who hunger for the knowledge they unearth and protect.
* Telepathy (w): all modron hierarchs can telepathically contact modrons they can normally converse with at all times. Quintons, for instance, wield this power at intensity 12, at least where other modrons are concerned. As such, they may achieve mind to mind contact with their hexton inferiors, their quinton peers, and their quarton superiors, pretty much at will.
* Teleportation (i): all hierarch modrons have the innate ability to teleport at will, transporting themselves to just about any place they know of within their current plane of existence. This essentially translates into intensity 20 teleportation, and quintons using this power have no chance whatsoever of materializing in a solid object - this supernatural power is that precise!
Additional Limbs / Arms and Tail (a): in addition to their prehensile tail, quintons are equipped with four distinct arms. These redundant appendages allow quintons an extra melee attack each exchange, if they resort to such base combat. Though again, while quintons are often discounted as serious foes due to their sagely purpose, they can more than readily dish out hand to hand pain.
Flight (a): like many other hierarch modrons, quintons are blessed with the use of two large, metallic wings that are joined together at their shoulders. These chrome, fanlike wings allow a quinton to fly with intensity 4 speed, moving about at approximately one hundred twenty miles per hour. When not in use, these ergonomic wings can fold together nicely.
Growth (a): the quintons are quite tall. Standing at exactly ten feet high, they tend to tower over lesser modrons, and most other individuals they come across in the course of their duties. As such, quintons technically have this power at intensity 1, in an always on sort of fashion. This gives these immense beings a size factor of +1, which is both a boon and a hindrance against human-sized foes.
Macro Sense (w): quintons have a specialized form of this power that allows them to glean information that would not otherwise be apparent about a person, place, or thing. This power functions at intensity 15, allowing quintons to pretty much learn all they need to about anyone or anything upon inspecting it - especially threats to their precious order.
Philosophical Awareness (w): all quintons have the ability to look at a sentient being and, if it can pass an average intensity detection action opposed by his, her, or its target's Willpower score, tell if said person is inclined towards good, evil, order, chaos, or balance. This detection power works at intensity 15.
Prehensile Tail (a): rather than possessing a fifth arm, as do the countless, teeming masses of pentadrones, quintons instead have a prehensile tail. Thanks to this additional appendage, quintons may attempt an extra melee attack in a given exchange, as long as this extremity is utilized. While most often unarmed, a quinton may also wield a weapon with this fully dexterous tail, as well.
Schooling: Adept - Clerical Magic / Order
Quintons are competent wielders of magic, doing so at intensity 16. These spells are of a priestly nature, though, venerating the power of order above all else. Quintons can wield between nine and twelve magical spells of this type, and most spells a given quinton will possess should be determined in advance. They can keep one or two spell 'slots' in reserve, however, if desired.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Law (i): more than anything else, the modrons are ultimate masters of law, knowing their own clockwork plane in and out. They extend this basic knowledge of What Should Be to all aspects of existence, and should make any Intellect action based on the knowledge of orderly systems at one difficulty level lower than normal, using either Intellect or Willpower if regarding Mechanus, and with an autotrump concerning Regulus.
Lore 3 (i): as the keepers of the great base of modron knowledge, the quintons have this skill as a general matter of course. As the twenty five quintons know just about everything the modrons as a whole have learned about the multiverse, they benefit from an autotrump whenever attempting to utilize this skill. These guys know just about everything concerning... everything, when you get down to it.
Leadership (w): knowing how to spread resources around and delegate tasks like no other beings alive, all quintons have this skill as a general matter of course. If they can pass an average difficulty Willpower action, these modrons can add a +1 to the action scores of anybody they lead. If the modron loses its ability to lead, however, this bonus turns into a -1 penalty.
Repair / Tinkering (a): furthermore, in their capacity as the caretakers of Mechanus (as far as they are concerned, at least), modrons have a preternatural knowledge of mechanical systems. In addition to allowing them to keep the gears of their home plane running smoothly, this skill doubles as an effective first aid skill for modrons, letting them utilize basic medicinal skills on their brethren.
Soldier: more so than any other beings in the multiverse, modrons live to further the influence of law and order. They follow the orders of their superiors instinctively, for to do otherwise is incomprehensible. While this calling sounds more militant than modrons really are, it should be noted that they are virtual exemplars of the soldier mindset.
Knowledgeable and scholarly beyond measure, the quintons could be thought of as the quintessential sage, knowing all manner of things about, well, everything - from modron society to the multiverse in general. If there's a question a body has about anything, ask a quinton. They are more than happy to divulge facts to others, especially those concerning law and order.
Relatively gigantic, standing at ten feet tall, quintons look rather similar to humans in appearance. Close, that is, if you discount the huge, metallic wings, the prehensile tail, the excess arms, the 'built-in' steel helmet and large, clunky boot-like metal feet. Furthermore, as a symbol of their station, quintons have a large diamond issuing forth from their foreheads.
The record keepers and protectors of modron lore, quintons are assigned numerous duties throughout the realm of Regulus. Sixteen of them serve in the regional control towers of the quartons, four serve in the towers of the secundus, and the remaining five act as translators for lesser modrons serving in the tower of Primus itself.
If you're not seeing this content within the technohol.com domain, it's been stolen by someone who doesn't respect others' work.