Gd +10 *
* Amongst humans, at least. Rm +30 to fellow Autobots, Rm -30 regarding Decepticons.
Huffer is a Transformer, a shape-changing mechanical life form hailing from Cybertron: a world that is of indeterminate and variable distance from our own. He possesses a variety of special powers related to his inorganic, electromechanical 'physiology'.
Cybertronian Physique: Huffer is one of innumerable mechanoid life forms hailing from the planet Cybertron. Like most of his fellows, he is possessed of a variety of special powers related to his alien physiology, including the following:
* Body Armor: made (or formed) from primarily metallic materials, Huffer is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords Huffer Good (10) protection from attack, enough to make him immune to most basic human assault. Huffer's armor breaks down as follows:
Gd 10 / Pr 4 / Sh 0 / Sh 0 / Sh 0
* Growth: Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Huffer, for instance, generally stands at around twelve feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at Poor (4) rank as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot engineer possesses a +1 size factor. He thus suffers a -1 CS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 CS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 CS of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at Feeble (2) rank, these powers let Huffer see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most all Transformers, Huffer is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having Excellent (20) range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic life form, Huffer possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses Unearthly (100) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Atomic Sense: greatly aiding his construction and engineering work, Huffer's arms are equipped with advanced chemical sensors. They can detect what a given mass is comprised of, as well as its chemical, electrical, physical, and thermal properties, with Monstrous (75) ability.
Headlights: to better emulate earthen vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), Huffer is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate Excellent (20) intensity illumination, making driving at night no problem.
Shape Change: whenever he desires, Huffer can transform between his humanoid and smaller than normal cab-over Mack truck modes, and often does so quickly in battle to maximize the use of his abilities. When he's a cab-over truck, Huffer has these vehicular statistics:
Limitations / Enhancements:
Repugnant Personality: sure, Huffer is generally quiet - until you ask him to do anything. That's when he magically transforms into an incessant whiner and consummate pessimist, his continuous stream of unhappy rambling irking the ire of others in no time flat.
This has the effect of reducing his Popularity score by -2 CS for those who tire of dealing with him, but nonetheless need his skills for something or other. Similarly, Huffer must pass a Psyche (will) FEAT roll at a like penalty in order to hold his complaining in check.
Engineering 2: Huffer, for all his personality faults, is nonetheless one of Cybertron's greatest engineers. He should receive a +2 CS on any FEAT roll required when designing, planning, building, or even repairing any permanent structure or mechanical contraption.
Mathematics: supplementing his engineering skills, Huffer is an accomplished mathematician. While all robots can generally perform basic math as a general matter of course, Huffer's knowledge of math is revolutionary and theoretical, and he receives a +1 CS when working in such areas.
Physics: finally, Huffer is well-versed in the laws of physics, both in a micro and a macro sense. This allows him to maximize the properties of his creations, using the exact materials in the precise manner required to achieve his goals, and he can perform such feats at a +1 CS.
Huffer is one of the Autobots, a group of mechanoid warriors from the planet Cybertron. As a construction engineer, Huffer is usually responsible for building all manner of structures for the Autobot war effort, which would generally earn him the esteem of his fellows.
However, Huffer is a world class complainer, which grates on the nerves of most Autobots. Though they'd rarely be inclined to throw Huffer under a bus for his incessant whining, many Autobots might think twice before putting his safety above their own.
In his vehicular configuration, Huffer resembles a bright orange cab-over Mack truck, though one which is normally smaller than usual. When he transforms, he instead appears to be a bright orange and dark purple robot built from spare Mack truck parts - one with chromed arms.
Huffer enjoys building things. He yearns to retire to a life of designing and constructing all manner of structures. While he can nonetheless practice his chosen trade with ease as one of the Autobots, the truth is that he resents how often his creations are destroyed in the war.
His perpetual unhappiness at this, as well as being away from his beloved Cybertron, combine to make Huffer a consummate whiner. He will grumble and grouse about anything once riled up, even in the process of doing his beloved work, for as long as anyone remains to listen to him.
Real Name: Huffer
Occupation: construction engineer
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Eyes: blue, sometimes white
Weight: several tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Huffer appears either as a smaller than usual, bright orange cab-over Mack truck, one with tinted windows and chrome pipes, or a bright orange and purple (or is it blue?) robot, with chromed arms, built from the spare parts of such a vehicle.