One of the infamous Transformers of Cybertron, Jazz is a silicon-based, metamorphic life form. The entirety of his special abilities, at least in comparison to the human norm, are a result of this fantastic, extraterrestrial origin.
Cybertronian Physique: entities hailing from the planet Cybertron are almost invariably silicon-based mechanoids. No exception to this rule, Jazz possesses a wide array of super human abilities thanks to this background, including the following:
* Body Armor (s): either formed or forged from mainly metallic materials, Jazz's body is quite sturdy. His rugged, inorganic makeup provides Jazz intensity 4 (or +1) protection against incoming attacks, which mainly lets him ignore human assaults.
* Growth (a): unlike most species of life, Transformers scoff at the notion of a standard size, and often appear in a very large variety of such. Take Jazz for example, who stands at around eighteen feet tall in his humanoid mode, thus having this power at intensity 4.
As such, this Autobot spec-ops mech possesses a +4 size factor. This grants him a +4 bonus to the damage he inflicts on normal sized foes, while theirs suffers a -4 against him. Conversely, he suffers a -4 penalty to strike standard sized enemies, while they gain a +4 to hit him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision (w): perhaps as a result of their variable sizes, Transformers can adjust their visual sensitivity with relative ease. Wielding these powers at intensity 2, Jazz can spy objects up a mile distant, and can also read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver (i): as are most Transformers, Jazz is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having intensity 7 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: what with him being inherently inorganic, Jazz is completely immune to poisons and diseases of organic origin. However, certain other forms of disease can affect Jazz, and his protection from them is 'only' intensity 30 (or +7).
Headlights (i): useful devices indeed, Jazz has adopted headlights as have most other earth-bound, automotive Transformers. These front-mounted electronics emit illumination of intensity 4 brightness, which readily facilitates driving after the sun goes down.
Rocket Launcher (i): in his humanoid mode, Jazz is equipped with a powerful missile launcher on his right shoulder. The projectiles this weapon launches have a maximum range of 20 miles, and inflict intensity 11 slashing damage with each deadly, explosive impact.
Shape Change (a): as a Transformer, Jazz naturally has the ability to transform! He has two modes, one being a humanoid configuration, and the other being a perfect match for a Porsche 935 Turbo - one covered in racing sponsor stickers, that moves with intensity 6 speed (185 MPH).
Sound Generation (a): Jazz is rigged up with a truly impressive sound system, one that allows him to generate a ruckus in excess of 180 decibels of volume. He can use this sound to inflict direct damage, or to simply stun others, with intensity 8 ability.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
Flamethrower (a): a bit more deadly than his photon rifle, Jazz carries a flamethrower with him into battle, as well. He can use this weapon to fire a burst of flame capable of inflicting intensity 7 SD energy damage with each destructive strike.
Photon Rifle (a): this device can be used to generate intensity 7 light, which Jazz can use in one of two fashions. It can either cause direct damage, of the concussive variety, or it can stun others by dazzling them with a light show. Works well with his sound generation.
Advanced Guns (a): while he doesn't really hold any truck with conventional, chemical slugthrowers, Jazz excels in the use of advanced, energy-based weaponry. Whether it's his own energy casters or some other firearm of this type, Jazz may wield it at a reduced difficulty.
Leadership (w): while he lacks the raw tactical processing capability of Prowl's, Jazz nonetheless has the ability to rouse his fellow Autobots into battle - it's a charisma thing. Any team following his carefully laid plans should receive a +1 to their attempted actions while doing so.
Jazz isn't Optimus Prime's right-hand mech for nothing. He's calm, cool, and collected regardless of the situation, which tends to make him well liked by most of his fellow Autobots. Those Transformers would happily help Jazz if asked, and not just because he outranks them.
Mentor: Jazz works hard to help his fellow Autobots do their job, usually by doing things behind the scenes to make their lives easier. Of course, when he isn't busy with his other duties, Jazz is constantly socializing with his teammates, trying to keep their spirits high.
When posing as a Porsche 935 Turbo, Jazz is primarily white in hue, with red and blue racing stripes, as well as various corporate 'sponsor' logos scattered across his frame. His humanoid mode looks like a black and white robot built from various Porsche parts.
Jazz has a lot of responsibilities for an Autobot, and he's almost always busy taking care of his fellows in some fashion, but he always insists on doing everything with style. The fact that Jazz does so much for them tends to endear him to his fellow Autobots.
In what little spare time he does have, though, Jazz reveals himself to be the consummate party animal. Furthermore, he's made an intense study of earth cultures, what with his being resident on that world for some time, and is particularly fond of the humans' music.
Perhaps the one thing about Jazz that irks his fellows is how loud he tends to listen to that 'noise'.
Real Name: Jazz
Occupation: Autobots spec-ops
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record, either there or on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: Meister
Group Affiliation: the Autobots
Height: approximately 18'
Eyes: blue, as a singular visor
Weight: 2260 lbs
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Jazz is primarily made from a strong, alien metal of white hue, with red and blue trim, in either configuration. Of course, his vehicle form isn't as conspicuous as is humanoid configuration (which is kind of the point).