RV +10 *
* Amongst humans, at least. RV +40 to fellow Autobots, RV -40 regarding Decepticons.
Trailbreaker is a Transformer, a shape-changing mechanical life form hailing from Cybertron: a world that is of indeterminate and variable distance from our own. He possesses a variety of special abilities and powers related to his inorganic, electromechanical 'physiology'.
Cybertronian Physique: Trailbreaker is one of innumerable mechanoid life forms hailing from the planet Cybertron. Like most of his fellows, he is possessed of a variety of special powers related to his alien physiology, including the following:
* Body Armor: made (or formed) from primarily metallic materials, Trailbreaker is quite durable. His sturdy composition affords Trailbreaker rank value 10 protection from attack, enough to make him immune to most basic human assault. Trailbreaker's armor breaks down as follows:
RV 10 / RV 4 / RV 0 / RV 0 / RV 0
* Growth: Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Trailbreaker, for instance, generally stands at eighteen feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at rank value 6 as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot scout possesses a +1 size factor. Trailbreaker thus suffers a -1 RS when targeting human-sized foes, but gains a +1 RS on any damage he inflicts against them, as well as 1 RS of damage reduction against any attacks they, in turn, launch against him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision: all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at rank value 2, these powers let Trailbreaker see objects up to a mile distant with ease, as well as allowing him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver: as are most all Transformers, Trailbreaker is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having rank value 20 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic life form, Trailbreaker possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses rank value 100 resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease.
Force Field: a rare gift amongst the Transformers, Trailbreaker has the ability to generate a force field whenever required. He can use it to protect himself or a wide area if desired, and at its base value of protection it works at rank value 40 - or as follows:
RV 30 / RV 40 / RV 6 / RV 2 / RV 0
Headlights: to better emulate earthen vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), Trailbreaker is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate rank value 20 illumination, making driving at night no problem.
Radio Wave Generation: Trailbreaker can use a unit mounted behind (or sometimes on, depending) the back of his head to emit radio waves on up to sixty four bands simultaneously. This causes interference with radio communications, jamming them with rank value 40 ability!
Rocket Launchers: in his humanoid mode, Trailbreaker can launch surface to air missiles from his hands! These missiles have a maximum range of 20 miles, and are possessed of the following vehicular characteristics:
RV 20 Slashing (fragmentary)
Shape Change: whenever he desires, Trailbreaker can transform between his humanoid and Toyota 4WD Hi-Lux camper truck modes, and often does so quickly in battle to maximize the use of his abilities. When he's a Toyota, Trailbreaker has these vehicular statistics:
Twin Blasters: instead of launching missiles from his arms, Trailbreaker can instead arm them with these integral blasters! These weapons are not the mightiest, but can nonetheless be fired to inflict rank value 10 Force damage with each potent discharge.
Limitations / Enhancements:
Tactics: Trailbreaker's primary mission in the Autobot army is that of a tactician. He excels in planning out all manner of missions for his fellows to follow, and those obeying the letter of his plans gain a +1 RS on all related ACTs - until conditions surrounding them change, that is.
Trailbreaker is an older, well-respected Autobot. His tactical acumen has greatly aided his faction's cause, both on earth and back on Cybertron. His allies further appreciate Trailbreaker's good cheer under most circumstances, and his force field is always a welcome sight.
In his vehicular configuration, Trailbreaker looks just like a black Toyota 4WD Hi-Lux camper truck, one with yellow and orange decals here and there. When in his humanoid mode, he appears like an 18' tall black and chromed robot built from spare Toyota parts, with red trim in places.
Unlike many of his fellow Autobots, Trailbreaker hasn't been changed for the worse by his part in the war with the Decepticons. He continues to be a cheerful, upbeat 'bot no matter the circumstances, which helps to lighten the spirits of his allies more often than not.
Despite his practical jokes and fun demeanor however, Trailbreaker is always down on himself. He feels he's a drag on the Autobot war effort, what with his rather high fuel consumption compared to the others. Of course, he's the only one who actually feels this way.
Real Name: Trailbreaker
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: Autobots
Eyes: a single red (though sometimes blue), visor-like eye
Weight: several tons
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Trailbreaker appears either as a black Toyota 4WD Hi-Lux camper truck with orange and yellow decals, or a black and chrome humanoid robot (with red trim on his legs) built from the parts of such.