A Transformer, Wheeljack is a metamorphic, silicon-based life form hailing from the planet Cybertron, a world of unknown and variable distance from our own. He has a large array of special abilities related to his inorganic, electromechanical existence.
Cybertronian Physique: Wheeljack is one of innumerable mechanoid life forms hailing from the planet Cybertron. Like most of his fellows, Wheeljack is possessed of a variety of special powers related to his alien physiology, including the following:
* Body Armor (s): formed or forged from primarily metallic materials, Wheeljack is considerably durable. His sturdy, inorganic composition affords Wheeljack intensity 4 (+1) protection from attack, enough to let him ignore most human assaults.
* Growth (a): Cybertronians come in all manner of sizes, few of which align with the human norm. Wheeljack, for instance, generally stands at eighteen feet tall in his humanoid mode, which grants him this power at intensity 4 as a general matter of course.
As such, this Autobot inventor possesses a +4 size factor. This grants him a +4 bonus to the damage he inflicts on normal sized foes, while theirs suffers a -4 against him. Conversely, he suffers a -4 penalty to strike standard sized enemies, while they gain a +4 to hit him.
* Microscopic / Telescopic Vision (w): all Transformers have the ability to alter their visual sensitivity where distance is concerned. Functioning at intensity 2, these powers let Wheeljack see objects up to a mile distant with ease, and allow him to read items on microfiche.
* Radio Transceiver (i): as are most Transformers, Wheeljack is equipped with an audio / video transmission system. This communications rig allows him instant contact with any other Cybertronian within a wide radius of his person, having intensity 7 range (100 miles).
* Resistance / Invulnerability to Disease and Poison: as an inorganic life form, Wheeljack possesses complete immunity to poisons and organic diseases. He also possesses intensity 30 (+7) resistance to more chemically creative forms of disease and poison.
Flight (a): whether using solid fuel rockets in his arms in his humanoid configuration or supported by small wings that fold out under his doors in his vehicular mode, Wheeljack may take to the air. He does so with intensity 7 ability, giving him a top speed of 300 MPH.
Headlights (i): to better emulate earthen vehicles (and since they come in handy in the dark), Wheeljack is equipped with a set of convenient headlights. These twin lamps can be used to generate intensity 4 illumination, making driving at night no problem.
Shape Change (a): possibly the power he is most famous for, Wheeljack has the ability to transform! He can switch between his humanoid and his Lancia Stratos 'Group 5' Turbo forms at will, though he moves at 144 MPH (intensity 5 speed) while in the latter configuration:
Shoulder Cannons (i): Wheeljack has a missile launcher on each of his shoulders, which allows him to fire projectiles with one of several different payloads, depending on the situation. Missiles these launchers can fire include the following:
* Gyro-Inhibitor Warheads (i): Wheeljack's intensity 18 gyro-inhibitors disrupt the movements of robots, namely by throwing off the gyroscopes which govern such activities. Those struck by one of these must pass easy difficulty Strength (gyro-inhibitor) action to move properly.
* Magnetic Inducer (i): when struck by one of Wheeljack's magnetic inducer warheads, a Transformer (or other metallic object) will uncontrollably emit magnetic attraction. It will do so at intensity 18, causing ferrous objects to fly at and accumulate upon them.
* Shrapnel Needle (a): these warheads, once they are fired, will discharge a volley of long, thin metal shafts at Wheeljack's current target. Those struck by his shrapnel needle warhead will suffer damage equal to Wheeljack's Agility +4.
Hindrances / Augmentations:
The specific equipment Wheeljack has on him at any given moment in time varies greatly. Something of a mad scientist, he is always fiddling with some new contraption to do... something. Whether or not it will perform that function, even function at all, or blow up is anyone's guess.
Electronics (i): while Wheeljack has Ratchet beat on the engineering front, he still has a bit of work to do where electronics are concerned. He's no slouch, however, and Wheeljack may thus attempt actions related to the design, assembly, and repair of electronics at a reduced difficulty.
Engineering 2 (i): his claim to fame, Wheeljack is notorious for inventing any number of wacky devices to help out his Autobot brothers. Or dooming them all, depending. He may attempt actions related to the building of things at a reduced difficulty, using his Intellect or Willpower.
The Autobots have a love-hate relationship with Wheeljack. His insane contraptions have helped to save their bacon on any number of occasions, but as often as not they were in trouble because of one of his inventions in the first place. But either way, they like having him around.
Explorer: sure, Wheeljack is motivated by the need to help the Autobots win their war, but this occasionally takes a back seat to his wanting to push the boundaries of knowledge for the sake of doing so. Either way, Wheeljack is always about the science while on the job.
In his vehicular configuration, Wheeljack is a perfect replica of a Lancia Stratos 'Group 5' Turbo, being mainly white, with red and green racing stripes, and numerous 'sponsor' decals. When he transforms, Wheeljack seems like an eighteen foot tall robot built from Lancia bits.
Possessed of an innate and insane curiosity about the world, Wheeljack is always pushing the envelope of science. Whenever he gets some mad notion or another in his head that will help the Autobots' cause, Wheeljack usually has it built before asking anyone if he should.
Also highly reckless, Wheeljack often attempts to test out his new fangled creations before ensuring they're safe, or even checking his work. This has resulted in Ratchet having to put him back together as often as not. But sometimes! Sometimes Wheeljack invents a real winner.
And that's why his fellow Autobots keep him around. Sure, they may avoid his laboratory like a box full of Scraplets, but every now and then Wheeljack proves that he's worth more than the trouble his endless tinkering inevitably causes. And often saves the day as a result.
Heck, even the Decepticons respect Wheeljack's capacity for destructive engineering!
It's important to note, however, that Wheeljack doesn't always hole up in his laboratory. No, he is a highly skilled driver, and exults in his ability to outmaneuver many of his compatriots. When not working on something high tech, it's a cinch that Wheeljack is out stunt driving.
Real Name: Wheeljack
Legal Status: citizen of Cybertron with no known criminal record, either there or on earth
Marital Status: inapplicable
Alias(es), if any: none
Group Affiliation: the Autobots
Weight: 2,161 lbs
Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Wheeljack is made from a strong, alien metal that is primarily white in hue, regardless of his current configuration. He benefits from red and green trim in both of his modes, and adds a lot of black while humanoid.
Wheeljack's head is distinctive in that he has a face plate over where his mouth and nose would otherwise be, with large rhomboid 'ears' that glow when he's speaking.